Thursday, June 3, 2010

baby cards


I finished two more cards that I'd like to share with you. I used some digital stamps by Anne Bodil that I coloured with water colour pencils and a blending pen. For the first card I cut two circles using my Coluzzle template to create a base for the card I then pieced 3 different colours of card stock together and cut it one size smaller than the base. I ran that through the Cuttlebug using the Victoria template twice since it is too wide for the template. I then lightly sanded to highlight the embossing. I then punched some white card stock with the Martha Stewart floral vine punch. I layered this between the blue and the pink and cream card stocks. I then ran a tracing wheel along the edges of the card stock as an extra detail in lieu of stitching. I punched a few leaves using the Martha Stewart twig punch and coloured them with the same water colour pencil used on the stamp. I layered them under a KaiserCraft flower, then placed a button in the center of it. I attached the layers of the card together by sewing the button right through the card with mercerized cotton which I tied in a bow. I scored the back of the card so it would fold open easier.


For the next card I created a base in the shape of a onesie to cut with my Silhouette. After I cut the base I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. I then ran some Versamark over the dots and embossed with some clear embossing powder. I then inked the whole card with Adirondack stonewashed and aqua inks. I took some narrow ribbon and using the bow easy I tied a double bow which I adhered at the top of the onesie. I cut the digital stamp using my Silhouette using the print and cut feature, and coloured it with water colour pencils and a blending pen. I used foam adhesive to adhere it to the front of the card. I added a few KaiserCraft pearls to the bottom of the onesie for snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien