Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Eeekk.. I left my Father's Day card to the last minute (how unlike me lol ) so I quickly had to whip up a card this morning for my dad. I knew I had downloaded a nice image from Digital Two for Tuesday a while back that would be perfect... a gentleman riding his bike. It reminds me so much of the image I have in my mind of how my dad would have looked as a young lad riding his bike. I quickly whipped it open in Gimp and edited out all the 'extra' stuff and coloured the image somewhat sepia toned, and printed it out. I quickly double matted it in brown and white. I backed the entire card base in a darker brown that I ran through the Cuttlebug with the Tim Holtz bricked embossing folder. I created three layers of card stock 2" wide at the bottom out of a lighter brown and white card stock to layer underneath the left hand side of the digital stamped image. I ran this through the Cuttlebug with the back side of the mesh embossing folder. Using Adirondack Mushroom ink I stamped the sentiment from the CTMH Say it in Style set. I then added three brads to the top right hand corner of the digital image and adhered the front to the base of the card. It's clean and simple which always works great for a masculine card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien