Monday, July 12, 2010


I created a series of mattes from 3 shades of brown card stock and adhered them to the base of the card. I then cut two crosses with my Spellbinders dies from cream card stock and embossed them. I also created a piece of word art using the font Shishoni brush for the verse and Scriptina for the word Peace in the background. I did the word Peace in the cream colour and the verse itself in a darker brown colour I had used on the card. I printed this out on white cardstock, and I adhered the verse and the crosses side by side on the matted card base, layer one cross under and one cross over so as not to interfere with the words of the verse.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Lord's Prayer

I found a great magnet that I thought would be wonderful to use on the front of this card. I used the 1/8" Magic Matter to create a matte from cream card stock for this magnet.
I took 2 shades of brown card stock, one slightly wider than the other, the height of the card and ran them both through the Cuttlebug with mesh folder. I adhered them side by side on the base and ran Daisy D's zigzag rub on roller over the seam. I then adhered the matted fridge magnet onto the front.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Give Ourselves to Prayer

For this card I took yet another piece of word art by Elegant WordArt that I printed onto cardstock and trimmed it 5 1/2" wide. I edged the top and the bottom with a small strip of black card stock. I then placed that on a deeper strip of black and white patterned paper. I again edged the top and bottom of this with a strip of black card stock, and placed the whole thing on a white card stock base.

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Will to Walk

I created this card using another quote by Elegant WordArt. I printed it onto white card stock and inked the edges with black ink. I used some leftover pieces of 3BUGS Seeing Stars paper. I placed a piece of green from the backside of the papers leaving a small strip of the white base of the card showing. I then adhered a small piece of the star print paper, as well as the blue on the back on top of the green, inking all my edges in black as I went along. I then placed my quote on this. I finished it off by taking a black Doodlebug Paper Frill and adhering it along the edge of the quote opposite the star print paper.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Who God Qualifies

This is another quick card for my prayer partner. I started with a silver base by Kaiser Craft and lined the inside with white card stock. On the front I pulled three pieces of patterned paper from a Pebbles Inc. Snow Fun 4x6 creative pad and layered them on the front of the card. I then placed a piece of word art by Elegant WordArt that I printed onto white card stock on the front. Quick and simple.

Monday, July 5, 2010

But set an Example

I started this word art with inspiration from word art done by 'Elegant WordArt' but I really didn't like the wording of her bible version so I reworked it using the NIV translation. I didn't have the same fonts she did, so I used ParmaPetit and Black Jack. I printed this out on white card stock and double matted it in brown and white. I used Imaginisce Exotic East Uber Persian for the background of the card and I used a strip of darker brown card stock on the division between the front and back of the Imaginisce paper.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Altered Journal

This week I am a prayer partner for SERVE, a program where youth travel for a week to another community to perform service work for financially challenged families or the organizations that serve them. My prayer partner is actually one of the leaders that accompanied the youth. I'll be creating a little something to encourage him throughout the week, and I hope to be sharing these projects with you here this week. For the first day I thought I would provide him with a journal to write in throughout his stay (and beyond) and I altered it by adding the theme verse to the front cover. I started by creating a piece of word art for the front cover. The Theme verse is from James 5:11 (the Message), and I used FLW Script and Bud Easy. I placed this on a background using 3 papers, tan burlap, black pattern and spalding, from DCWV La Creme digital kit. I printed this out onto plain white card stock. I cut it out and covered it with a clear mac-tac, folding the edges over to the back. I then glued that to the front cover of the journal.