Friday, September 17, 2010

birdhouse card


I created this card for another rendition of card tag, and was given this card by Rhonda to lift.  It inspired this shaped birdhouse card.  I started by creating a cut file with the RoboMaster software to cut the various parts of the birdhouse.  I first cut the base out of blue Bazzill card stock, and the top and bottom pieces from brown white core card stock.  I ran these pieces through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss dots embossing folder, sanded the embossed dots and adhered them to the base with foam adhesive.  I then cut the doors from Karen Nueburger Chesapeake vintage foil stripe.  I added white trim to the top edge of the bird house.  Then I cut a white label with the birthday sentiment printed in blue.  I added two blue KaiserCraft pearls on either side of the sentiment, and added under the doors.  Next I went online and found a bird image which I printed and cut out.  I adhered the bird to the left door with foam adhesive.  I then used the Martha Stewart twig punch to cut leaves from green card stock, which I adhered under the bird.  I took a piece of 1/8" white satin ribbon and tied it in a bow and adhered it above the doors, and adhered a white Select Imports Rose.  I tucked two of the same leaves I used under the bird around the flower.

If you would like to recreate this card you can download the GSD file here.

4 comments:

  1. Can't use the gsd files but your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Willemien,
    Love what you have created, but I also can not use gsd files. It would be nice, if you can convert it to an svg. or dxf for those who are interested in recreating this card. TFS, Mima

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty! Thank you for sharing the file!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Card post on Sep. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien