Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lily stems

I created this card for another round of card tag.  I printed the lily stems image and coloured it with Lyra pencils.  I actually coloured the image late in the evening in low light.  I came back the next morning and realized how terrible the colouring of the background was.  I tried smoothing it out a little.  It has a rustic feel to it now.  I cut a frame out of textured card stock and foam mounted it over the digital stamp.  To the left of the image I punched an edge using the Fiskars Sunburst border punch and added the clear KaiserCraft jewels.  Lastly I tied a bow using the Bow Easy from white satin ribbon and adhered it over the lily stems.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Courtyard

I created another digital layout.  The left side was actually completed for a rendition of layout tag, although I had many more pictures I wanted to use so I turned it into a 2 page layout.  The pictures are from my mission trip to the Dominican Republic where we worked on an addition to a school that is attended largely by Haitian nationals who do not have the means to attend public schools.  One of the projects we did was to replace the inner courtyard, the playground/gymnasium/classroom for the school.  At completion there were plans to have another playground on the roof of the school, although we did visit an inner city school that did not have any out door space.  I still have not finalized how I want to do the journaling on this page which it most certainly needs.  I used the SFS Signature Collection by Jessica Dixon as well as some elements I created myself.  Again I kept the style simple because it reflects the nature of the mission trip I'm trying to document and how poor these people in the Dominican Republic were.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Seal card

I used the seal image for this fun and youthful card.  I coloured the seal using Lyra pencils and cut him out.  I then layered my card base with green and white card stock.  Next I took two pieces of Around The Block patterned papers and sanded the edges before layering them on the mats.  I wrapped twine around the white mat, which I looped together through a chipboard star button covered with the same green card stock where the two patterned papers meet.  I then mounted the stamped image on the front of the card using foam adhesive.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hydrangea



I lined the front of the card base with a dark pink card stock and layered it with white card stock, then two different Basic Grey Olivia patterned papers (Sydney and Emma) and stitched the layers together with top stitching thread.  I added a border from the same dark pink card stock edged with the Fiskars Sunburst border punch.  I added a strip of white card stock then some sheer white ribbon.  I printed out the Hydrangea digital image that I coloured with Lyra pencils.  I double matted it with blue and dark pink card stock which I also stitched together with top stitching thread.  I adhered the stamped image to the mats using adhesive foam.  I then adhered it to the front of the card.  For the finishing touches I added a sheer white bow onto the ribbon to the left of the stamped image and three white Kaiser Craft pearls above the stamped image.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New year to you all.  I hope 2011 brings you health and happiness.  Here's a toast to you and yours!

We had a fabulous time bringing in the new year with friends.  In preparation for the celebration I made up a stack of wine glass collars.  I must say however that people didn't get what they were for, even if they absolutely loved how cute they were.   I did place a pen beside them so that the guests could write their name on them before they attached them to the glasses.  The hardest part of the project was picking all the little bits out after I cut them.  There is a slit to allow you to slip them around the stem.  If I remember next year I will whip up a file for some collars to use to bring in 2012... I didn't make this file until late yesterday and in reality I didn't choose to host the celebrations until the 30th when we learned of health problems for our would-be hosts (Thankfully they are doing well and even able to make it out for a while!).