Monday, February 7, 2011

Heart box


So here is my project.  I created a heart shaped box and used the Love Banners digital stamp set and die cut the fancy heart shapes.
After I assembled the heart box I rubbed the edges with metallic chalk, then added dots of White Opal Liquid Pearls around the edges. I cut the fancy heart shape out of white card stock and covered it with Delta Ceramcoat Pearl paint. I cut a matted image of the same shape from red card stock.  I mounted them onto the heart box using foam adhesive between the layers.  I then printed the Love Banner onto a (regular) transparency, added copper embossing powder and heat set it.  (I should have used an embossing buddy or dryer sheet to remove the static first.)  I cut out the transparency and lined just the banner with white paper and layered it over the Leaf Heart.
I then layered a Prima blossom with branches punched from brown card stock using the Martha Stewart Twig Punch, red stamens (cake decorating department), green rose leaves using the Martha Stewart punch, and a deep red bow and adhered it on the leaf heart just under the banner.  Lastly I added some KaiserCraft clear jewels to the leaf heart.

My DH was telling me how great it turned out and how much depth there was to the project (wow, I was surprised) and proceeded to tell me "I hope you didn't create it for me" lol  It's just a little too fru-fru for him.

5 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Willemien! Love all the detail in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Valentine box! Love the gold!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layered hearts, the gold embossed banner...It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very elegant! I absolutely love this, W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog - it's wonderful!Thank you for sharing how you create your pieces. Love, love, love your valentine box. My other super favorite is your True Love Forever Card. Your work is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien