Friday, May 20, 2011
I added the words Birthday Party to the sign. I then printed it out in dark brown. I coloured it with Lyra artist pencils and cut it out. I then mounted it with foam on a cream coloured oval cut out with Spellbinders. I created a dark pink card base and added patterned paper from the K&Co Sola Mat Pad which I stitched around. I added a some crochet trim near the bottom of the card. I then cut out another piece of patterned paper using the Spellbinders Label 18, which I matted with brown card stock. I mounted this on the card using foam adhesive and mounted the cream card stock on this. Lastly I added a Zva rose and 2 rosebuds among leaves punched with the Martha Stewart twig punch and some pearly stamens to the bottom left hand corner and some pearls to the upper right hand corner.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
I created a birthday card for a little boy using a Dustin Pike digital image.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011
These precoloured images are a great easy way to create a quick card, and the great thing about an almost all digital card is that if I ever want to create a second or third card, the file is sitting on my computer and all I have to do is print, cut, fold and add a little bit of bling.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
I created this card for another round of card tag, and was given this card by Rhonda to lift. I was inspired by the scalloped ovals and the bow along the bottom of the card. I stamped the Stampavie image Jean-Luc playing ball with Claude onto oval white card stock and coloured it using Lyra artist pencils and inked the edges green. I matted it with a blue scalloped oval and I stitched the layers together. I took the same blue card stock and created a blue card base. I then took a K&Co Hopscotch Designer Mat Pad sheet, distressed the edges and sewed around it. Then I took another strip of paper, distressed it and sewed around it and layered it over top. I wrapped crocheted trim and green ribbon around the two layers and adhered on the back, then tied a bow using the bow easy with the green ribbon and adhered it to the center. I then used the Spellbinders in Spades dies to cut corner pieces from another sheet of patterned paper and adhered them under the corners of the scalloped oval mat. I then mounted these layers onto the patterned paper using foam adhesive, just above the bow. I adhered it all to the base and added 4 KaiserCraft pearls to the corners of the card.