Friday, November 26, 2010
Pocket Mouse
I used the Pocket Mouse digital stamp for this card. I printed him twice on patterned paper, and once on plain card stock (I removed the stitching so I could add machine stitching). I used paper from My Mind's Eye Dear Santa 8" pad. I cut the pocket from the patterned paper. Using dark green thread I stitched twice along the top of the pocket. I then adhered it to the second copy of the image printed on patterned paper, and stitched along the three sides of the pocket. I pulled up the paper along the stitching to give the pocket a little extra texture. I then added Adirondack Espresso Acrylics to his tail and paws for dimension. I cut his head from the white card stock and coloured him using the Lyra pencils. I then punched a number of branches using the Martha Stewart twig punch, which I glittered with a stardust Gelly Roll pen I tucked them into the pocket and under the mouse's head. I then added red Kaisercraft Pearls for some berries among the branches, and perked his ears up a little. I rounded the edges of the patterned paper, which I matted with red and green inked card stock with rounded corners. I used Adirondack lettuce and Cranberry/red pepper inks to colour the card stock. I stitched the red card stock to the green using white thread. I then inked the card base and using the same patterned paper I cut a slightly smaller piece and used the Martha Stewart doily edge punch along the bottom, and adhered it to the base. I then took a piece of light blue satin ribbon and tied it in a double loop bow using the bow easy. I coloured the string using the green ink and knotted it through the front of the stamped image and through the back of the knot of the bow. I added foam adhesive to the back of the image and adhered it at an angle to the base of the card. I then took the bow and adhered it at the top centre of the card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.
Willemien