This card uses simple elegance to showcase the sheer beauty of the symmetrical pearl flourish design. I created a cutting file that exactly matches the contours of the pearl flourishes and sized it for the card front. I then offset that shape by 1/4" and placed two side by side to create the cutting file for the card base. I cut the card base out of light blue card stock and the card front from dark brown card stock. I adhered the two together and added the flourishes. Next I cut a strip of the same blue card stock and scored a diamond pattern using the Martha Stewart Score Board. I then stitched a straight stitch along the top and bottom using white thread, and adhered it between the flourishes. Finally, I cut 3 tags, a brown scalloped oval, and a white and blue oval. I embossed an edge around the white and blue ovals. I also stamped the Inque Boutique Birthday stamp on the blue oval using brown Adirondack ink. I inked the white oval with Frost VersaMark Dazzle, and adhered them together and adhered it to the center of the card.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Simple Elegance
This card uses simple elegance to showcase the sheer beauty of the symmetrical pearl flourish design. I created a cutting file that exactly matches the contours of the pearl flourishes and sized it for the card front. I then offset that shape by 1/4" and placed two side by side to create the cutting file for the card base. I cut the card base out of light blue card stock and the card front from dark brown card stock. I adhered the two together and added the flourishes. Next I cut a strip of the same blue card stock and scored a diamond pattern using the Martha Stewart Score Board. I then stitched a straight stitch along the top and bottom using white thread, and adhered it between the flourishes. Finally, I cut 3 tags, a brown scalloped oval, and a white and blue oval. I embossed an edge around the white and blue ovals. I also stamped the Inque Boutique Birthday stamp on the blue oval using brown Adirondack ink. I inked the white oval with Frost VersaMark Dazzle, and adhered them together and adhered it to the center of the card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.
Willemien