Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Singing Birds
I saw singing birds and I just knew I had to use it. I also really wanted to do a purple and blue card,the liturgical colours of advent, and this was the perfect opportunity. I added the words Silent Night, Holy Night to the book cover. I then coloured the book purple and the birds blue using Lyra pencils and Sansodor. I edged the pages of the book with gold gel pen. I took blue card stock for the base, then recoloured a digital paper by PurePixel Designs purple. I also cut a Silhouette border from the same blue card stock. I layered the purple paper over the blue base, then the border and another piece of purple paper. I stitched them all together just beside the border strips. Next I printed the song Silent Night, Holy Night onto a piece of packing paper... this stuff has great great texture and vintage feel. I rolled up the ends and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink and placed it on the base at a slight angle. I added branches punched with the Martha Stewart twig punch. I punched them form the blue card stock, packing paper, and the gold from a large chocolate bar wrapper. I placed them above and below the sheet music. Then I placed three purple ribbon roses above and a large cream satin ribbon tied with the bow easy under the sheet music. I added foam adhesive to the back of the image and mounted it on top of the sheet music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh so cute! Love your colors and the sheet music behind the birds. Very cute!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful card! :)
ReplyDelete