Sunday, August 1, 2010

Higher and Higher


This layout was created for another rendition of layout tag.  I was given this layout by passion4scrappin to lift.  I decided to keep the general layout the same except that because I do scrap 8 1/2x11 I reduced the number of pictures to fill the width of the page.  I maintained the background paper (3 Bugs in a Rug, Seeing Stars, Fancy) with the small strips along the top and bottom except that I switched out for a fancier edge (3 borders from Silhouette) cut on my Silhouette. I chose to matte the pictures; the smaller pictures were matted on a continuous strip running the width of the page and sanded the edges, and I double matted the larger picture.  I inked the edges with a cloudy blue Adirondack ink.  I ran my tracing wheel along the top and bottom of the patterned paper to give the illusion of stitching.  I then cut out two leafy branches using my Silhouette and used some water colour crayons to give some definition/veins to the leaves.  I added them above the pictures on the right and below the pictures on the left using some strategically placed foam adhesive squares to add depth to some leaves and not to others.  Using a date stamp and black CTMH ink I stamped the date on small  piece of white card stock and rounded the bottom edges.  I then inked the edges using the same blue ink, added dots of Pesto Adirondack Acrylics on either side and adhered it just under the mat below the large photo.  Above the smaller photos I adhered a sticker from the Seeing Stars collection using foam adhesive.  I then added the title using Make it Special foam alphabet stickers that I covered with card stock and a smaller version of the letters cut from card stock. Here is a tutorial on how I used my Silhouette to cover the foam stickers using card stock.  The word 'and' was done using Provocraft Leere Black Alphabitty stickers.  I love the way this layout turned out and highlight these great pictures.  I love the delight you can see on the smile on his face; kids are so wonderfully authentic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien