Monday, May 17, 2010
I was inspired by Andrea's layout in another rendition of layout tag. Andrea creates digitally, and extracted her image from the photograph. I had wanted to scrap this picture for ages but I always found the background distracting. This was the perfect opportunity to try something different... I went hybrid. I extracted the ring bearer and the bridesmaid from the picture. I used a background paper from DCWV La Creme digi kit, however I wasn't too excited by the colour of the paper. Therefore I extracted the lace edge from the paper and placed it over some paper from my own 'A little bit of Glamour' kit. I added a drop shadow to the photograph. I then added my title using various fonts (Kingthings Petrock, Milk and Cereal, One Fell Swoop). I added a crown image behind the word KING. After which I removed the word KING again so that I could later add it as a paper element. I then printed out the layout on quality photo paper and let it dry. When it was dry enough to work with I added Kaiser craft jewels to the crown and the 'lace' edge. I cut the word KING out of black card stock covered with Forever Violet Perfect Pearls using the Kingthings Petrock font. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Victoria embossing folder and adhered it to the layout using foam adhesive. Underneath the title I placed two purple satin butterflies that using Matte Accents to lift their wings. At the top of the page I added a tab that I stamped the date onto with white embossing powder. I cut the tab from a piece of purple card stock, folded in half and punched the corners with a corner rounder.