I created these cards for Rhonda, and my challenge was to create two masculine birthday cards. Masculine cards are always tough. So I took the challenge to create something unique and creative that the men out there may appreciate.
The first one I created as a wallet. I had some of this paper lying around from when I first started scrapbooking and bought one of those huge paper stacks from Michael's. I cut two layers, one for the outside and one for the inside. I cut two slits in either side so I could later slide in the tabbed index cards. I added a piece of matching card stock around the folded edge of the outside of the card. I then hand stitched the whole thing with top stitching thread. I then stamped the lion image on darker card stock with Versamark and embossed it using copper embossing powder. I cut it in an oval shape using my Coluzzle templates. I then stitched around that and adhered it over the joint between the patterned paper and the card stock. I tucked the tabbed index cards I cut from the same card stock used on the front of the card. I then used my Art Warehouse stamps to stamp the words on the tabs using Distress ink. I also stamped a Inque Boutique sentiment on the inside of the card using Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder.
Next I created a card with a car image on the front. I started with a gold Kaisercraft card base. I then took three pieces of card stock that coordinated with my car image and colour blocked the front of the card leaving a thin edge of the base showing. I ran them through the Cuttlebug with the script folder. I then distressed the embossing with sandpaper and white ink to highlight the embossing and the edges of the card stock. I then took the car image and imported it into Robomaster and duplicated it. I grabbed the outline of the car on the one image and surrounded the second one with the Silhouette artisans rectangular frame. I duplicated the frame and I offset the second one as a mat. I then used the print and cut feature on the Silhouette to cut out the images. I inked the mat with black ink, and adhered the image on it. I added the cut out image of the car with foam adhesive to make it pop. Lastly I printed the sentiment on card stock using the font Eight Fifteen, and attached it with foam adhesive in the bottom right hand corner.
Lastly I thought I'd pop in a card for Rhonda herself. I grabbed some scrap Chatterbox paper and the same base I used for my Mother's day card and created a similar card. This time I used a Kaisercraft flower and added a string tied button to the center. I also used a Fiskars edge punch instead of the lace. I also used the same Martha Stewart twig punch I used on the last card for the leaves around the flower. I left of a sentiment so that she can add that when she goes to reuse it, while I write in the card by lining it with a post it note.