Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Card tag

We just finished of another round of card tag at kindred Creations, so I can show off the card I created.  I was asked to lift this card by Maria. 

I started by taking a white card base, and then cut strips 1/4" and 3/8" wide from pink card stock.which I then wove along the front of the card with an 1/8" spacing.  I then adhered the ends to the card base and trimmed the ends slightly shorter than the card edge.  I then took a piece of brown card stock and trimmed it a 1/4" smaller than the card base, took a Spellbinders Labels 17 and cut and embossed it from the center of the card.  I used this to mat the weave design  on the card and mounted it using foam adhesive.  I then took a some flowers and leaves from Multicraft and an unknown supplier, along with leaves punched with the Martha Stewart twig punch and created a floral arrangement along the bottom left hand corner.  I placed this gorgeous mirror butterfly from HomeDecor in the centre of the card with foam adhesive, and finished it off by adding some white KaiserCraft pearls in the top right hand corner.

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning, W! Love that weave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! Thanks for submitting it to the CARDS challenge gallery!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien