Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Butterfly




I used a butterfly image for this summery card and teamed it with paper from the K&Co Berry Sweet mat pad.  I printed the image and coloured it with Lyra artist pencils and Gamsol, then traced the lines with a Versamark pen and embossed with white embossing powder.  I cut this image out.  I stitched the layers together and added Stickles to the edges.  The corner flourishes were cut using Spellbinders Parisian Accents.  I used foam adhesive to pop the smaller square layers and tucked a Heidi Swapp large blossom between.  I added some pearl sprays for antennae, and some pieces of KaiserCraft jewel flourishes under the butterfly.

10 comments:

  1. Willemien, I love your work!! I am looking forward to working with you on the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Willemien! I love how you created the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the cards I have looked at are very pretty. I have a lot of the same dies so you have inspired me to make some different styles of cards.
    Is you purse GSD file still available? I would like to make some for the granddaughters.

    Thank You Lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I'm talking about!! Wow!! Gorgeous, gorgeous color and design!! Thanks for sharing it with us this month at One Crazy Stamper!
    hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, W ... love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and the colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very colorful card for our Colors of the Rainbow theme. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper, Good luck!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoot! Great take on our challenge! Thanks for joining us for the One Crazy Stamper Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Willemien,

    Where can I get a cutting file for the horse and carriage. I would like to make some cards for friends using this.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien