Wednesday, September 7, 2011

X's and O's


I started this card with a light green card base and layered a wine red card stock over top which I then stitched together.  I printed out the tic tac frame and sewed along the lines separating the squares with a straight stitch.  I then went along those stitches with black embroidery floss.  Next I hand drew a line outside of the frame and cut along the outside as well as the small inner squares.  I ran this through the Cuttlebug with the Kassie's Brocade embossing folder.  I mounted it on the base using foam adhesive.  I then printed out the O's on the same light green as the base and the X's in a slightly darker green, and mounted them on the base using a thicker layer of foam adhesive.  On all the hearts of the X's and O's I added some Prima flowers and a heart shaped jewel.  I cut a tab from a Spellbinders Label 8 die from black card stock and cut it in half.  I stamped the CTMH 'with love' sentiment with Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I then placed it under the frame on the left hand side of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien