Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guest Designing for One Crazy Stamper

I have the privilege this month to design for One Crazy Stamper, an amazing online store with an amazing assortment of current stamps and card making products as well as copics and their prices are great to boot!  They are also opening a brick and mortar store in Bolton Ontario this month!
This month at One Crazy Stamper they are hosting a sketch challenge.  You have until the end of the month participate in the challenge and have a chance of winning a prize pack from Your Next Stamp.  Create it a card using this sketch and link it to the One Crazy Stamper blog.
For my card I rotated the sketch so that the embellishments would be on the left hand side of the card (though I did keep the sentiment right where it was).
I took the Stampavie, Cherie with her best friend Blondie stamp, and stamped it onto X-Press It card stock using Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I then coloured it in using my Lyra artist pencils, and blended using Sansodor and paper blending stumps.  I added some finishing touches with gel pens, like her belt buckle, jewelry, and scarf,  Blondie's bow, and added some golden brown highlights to her hair.  I cut out the image.  I started with a green sheet of Bazzill card stock for my base and layered it with Prima Annalee paper and DMC card stock, which I all machine stitched together.  I then cut a circle from some Prima Annalee paper and stitched the edges, then bordered it with die cuts using the smallest die in the Spellbinders Parisian Accents die set.  I used EK Success 3D foam dots to mount my image onto this and then added Kaisercraft pearls by the center of each diecut.  I then mounted all of this to the centre of the card using more foam adhesive.  I wrapped 7 Gypsies Savannah seam binding around the front of the card to the left of the image.  I took some more seam binding and using the bow easy, I tied a bow and added it on top of the seam binding about one third of the way up the card.  I then created a floral arrangement by the bow using Zva Creative flowers, Prima Flower of the Month May Lily flowers, stamens from the cake decorating department, unknown leaves, and the Martha Stewart twig punch.  Lastly I took some Whimsy friendship ticket and treasured moments ticket stamps and stamped them onto Prima Annalee paper using Adirondack and CTMH ink, and cut them out using the Whimsy ticket dies in my Cuttlebug.  I layered them and tucked them under the foam mounted circle in the bottom right hand corner of the card, and added another Prima May Lily flower and stamen, along with a punched twig leaf.



1 comment:

  1. wow, this is a great card. We are so lucky to have you guest design this month!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien