Sunday, July 4, 2010

Altered Journal

This week I am a prayer partner for SERVE, a program where youth travel for a week to another community to perform service work for financially challenged families or the organizations that serve them. My prayer partner is actually one of the leaders that accompanied the youth. I'll be creating a little something to encourage him throughout the week, and I hope to be sharing these projects with you here this week. For the first day I thought I would provide him with a journal to write in throughout his stay (and beyond) and I altered it by adding the theme verse to the front cover. I started by creating a piece of word art for the front cover. The Theme verse is from James 5:11 (the Message), and I used FLW Script and Bud Easy. I placed this on a background using 3 papers, tan burlap, black pattern and spalding, from DCWV La Creme digital kit. I printed this out onto plain white card stock. I cut it out and covered it with a clear mac-tac, folding the edges over to the back. I then glued that to the front cover of the journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien