Friday, January 7, 2011

Hydrangea



I lined the front of the card base with a dark pink card stock and layered it with white card stock, then two different Basic Grey Olivia patterned papers (Sydney and Emma) and stitched the layers together with top stitching thread.  I added a border from the same dark pink card stock edged with the Fiskars Sunburst border punch.  I added a strip of white card stock then some sheer white ribbon.  I printed out the Hydrangea digital image that I coloured with Lyra pencils.  I double matted it with blue and dark pink card stock which I also stitched together with top stitching thread.  I adhered the stamped image to the mats using adhesive foam.  I then adhered it to the front of the card.  For the finishing touches I added a sheer white bow onto the ribbon to the left of the stamped image and three white Kaiser Craft pearls above the stamped image.

6 comments:

  1. So very pretty - looks like a soft watercolor. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful Willemien!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful, my sister had these flowers for her wedding and it brings me right back to that time 5 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Willemien! Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Willemien! Love that hydrangea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring of this flower!! I love the pretty stitching you did too!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien