Friday, January 1, 2010

Mini Purse Box

I was debating about what to give my 15 year old niece for Christmas this year. I don't often see her so I don't know too much about here likes and dislikes... there was only one thing I knew she liked...shopping (really, what girl doesn't like to shop lol ). So we decided to just give her some cash. I wanted a creative way to give it to her, and I thought this mini purse box would be just perfect; a purse is where a girl likes to store her cash (until she spends it)!
I found a great pattern for a purse box at Papercrafts Inspirations and created a GSD file to cut with my Silhouette since I can see myself using something as cute as this over and over again. I used a sheet of Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses Peppermint Twist patterned paper. I then decorated it using some Around the Block Christmas Frame Tape that I painted with pearl paint and dusted with glitter before it dried. I then cut the red and white frames as a little tag, that I then doodled on with gold and glitter pens, and added her name. A few years ago I had found some candle wreaths at a dollar store near me that had the perfect size Pointsettia flowers on it for cards, and I bought them in all the available colours. I took one of them and added a bit of Stickles, layered it with a snowflake I cut, and attached it to the frame with a green jewel brad before gluing all that to the purse. They are on both side of the purse. After I assembled the purse I took a sliver of self adhesive Velcro to keep the purse closed, and added a large pearl to the top of the closure.
I love how it turned out!

Here are the links to the GSD files for the purse box with handles and one for the box without handles so you can use ribbon or wire for your purse handle. Just punch some small holes or set two eyelets on the fold line of the flap half an inch from the edge. Then create a fold on either side of the eyelet instead of the single fold line where you placed the two eyelets.
purse box.GSD
purse box2.GSD

2 comments:

  1. I love all the cards that you have made on here. They are really great.

    I am looking for a GSD cutting file for a purse. Yours is adorable but the link no longer works to download it.
    Can I still get it from you?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The links should be available again.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien