Friday, January 22, 2010

The face of poverty



Andrea challenged us to scrap our favourite picture of 2009. What a challenge to pick my favourite! Having spent time in a variety of gorgeous places last year I ended up with a multitude of stunning photographs. Maybe the events in Haiti are pulling on my heart strings, but I went back to a photograph I took while on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic to build a school for mainly Haitian refugees. While there we also visited some other schools and communities in the Santa Domingo area. I took this picture while we were visiting a very impoverished little Batey called Foa. I love this picture and I think it speaks volumes. I hope to create a book of pictures and memories of my trip so I chose to do this layout digitally. I kept it simple because I felt that anything else would undermine the poverty of these people.
All the elements used in this layout are my creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien