Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Formal Banquet


Layout tag was revealed today, so I can share my layout with you. I was asked to lift this layout created by Tracey. I thought these pictures of one of the formal banquets I went to while in University were perfect for this layout. I matted the pictures on white card stock embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing plates. I then picked the Porcelain Silver Birch by Basic Grey for my background, and using some bazzill card stock I cut a large fancy frame. I cut out a piece of lace from the Porcelain Chatsworth Basic Grey paper. I also took a strip of Porcelain Villeroy Basic Grey paper, and folded it in pleats. I layered that with a piece of Prima lace and some plain white ribbon and a $store buckle. The tail on the ribbon is an extra little detail that gives a look of purpose to the buckle. I then took some Petaloo and Scrapbook Sally flowers, coloured or added shimmer using Twinkling H2Os, and leaves I cut out using my Silhouette. I further dressed the flowers by adding Pebeo Touche and $store jewels, pearls and jewel flourishes. I cut a tab, coloured it with green Adirondack ink, added a Stemma rub-on, and $store jewels. I then finished the layout by copying the subtitle onto the layout with gold pen, and cut the title out of white vinyl. I love the prettiness of the layout. I hope you've enjoyed this layout and have been inspired to create a layout for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien