Tuesday, January 12, 2010

'De Familie Popken' and 'My Brother and Me'

This past week I finished up another layout for a game of layout tag. I like the way it challenges you to think outside the box a little and take another person's layout done in their scrapping style and convert it into your own layout, and add your own tastes and techniques to it. So I can't share this layout with you yet until the big reveal... I'm very happy with how it turned out, I had a great layout to scrap lift! Instead I will share the two prior editions of layout tag that were recently revealed. Hopefully one of these days I will get around to adding a second page to this layout with some remaining pictures I have of our visit with this family.

I created this layout for November Layout tag at Kindred Creations. I was given this lovely layout to lift by Linda. For my layout I chose to use a piece of red Bazzill card stock, and a scalloped mat using a scalloped frame file I created and cut on my silhouette. I then took an older line of Basic Grey patterned paper, Urban Couture, as well as some white card stock I inked with Adirondack ink for the photo mat. I find that it is a great little technique when you can't find the right shade of card stock in your stash, and it gives it's own unique look that is easily attainable on the outside rim of the paper and the little strips between the photos. I then also cut the flowers in various sizes on my Silhouette and inked them to match the paper, and embellished them with Pearl centers. I curled the bottom layer of the flowers to give them some dimension, which also lifts the top layer of the flower. Lastly I cut out the title from some brown card stock, to bring out the touches of brown in the paper, and I really liked the idea of adding it in a circular fashion to change things up a little bit.

In December I was first in line for Layout tag and I received this lovely layout created by Merrilee to lift. It really made me think of these pictures I took of my nephews while we were having family portraits done as well as the 3BUGS Seeing Stars paper and stickers that were a Deal of the Day on the Kindred Creations blog. I matted the title sticker by scanning it and taking the outline of it in the Robo Master software. I then enlarged it just slightly and cut it out of the green 3BUGS paper. I also cut the tab using my Silhouette, added a few brads, and stamped one of the stars from the Autumn Leaves Scribbles Hearts and Stars stamp set while masking the picture and the mat. I distressed much of the paper by sanding it, softening up the edges. I also love the simple effect of using an office date stamp I picked up at the dollar store to quickly add the date. It's such a simple, clean and understated way of adding information to a layout. This layout ended up a little simpler than some of my layouts, although more of my masculine layouts probably do tend to be simpler because the guys in my life are far from stuffy and frilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien