Monday, April 18, 2011

Bambino

I created this card for Challenge 57 at the Sugar Bowl.
I started with a 5 1/2" square base. I then printed out papers from the Wisteria Moments Apple Blossom Time digital kit. I must say they printed much darker than they appear in the kit and the plum turned out an aubergine colour.  I matted the plaid paper with some light purple card stock which I edged with scalloped deco scissors, and stitched around it.  I also matted the strip of green patterned paper with the purple card stock, and stitched around them.  After I also adhered these to the base I added four purple KaiserCraft jewels to the outer corners.  I then cut out the round mat from Monica Bjork on my Silhouette, added a green inner circle, which I also stitched together then adhered to my base.  I then coloured the Sugar Nellie Bambino stamp using Lyra artist pencils and cut it out using a Spellbinders Labels 4 die, then mounted that with foam adhesive on a larger Labels 4 cut from purple card stock, which was centered on round mat.  I then also added KaiserCraft jewels to the round mat.  I tied a bow from sheer purple Offray ribbon using the bow easy and adhered it below the image, tucked in some leaves cut with the Martha Stewart twig punch, then dangled a moon shaped pendant with some beads from a small safety pin.  Above the image I arranged a bunch of purple ribbon roses with the same leaves, as well as some flourish die cuts.

I love the colour combo of this challenge even though I don't often use purple.  I would likely have done this image in typical baby blue for a baby boy, but I love the result here and if I'd coloured the little bambino's cap purple this same card would have seemed a bit more baby girl to me.  Though I think it is still neutral enough to be used for either I think.

1 comment:

  1. Willemien I love all your layering and that circle from the silhoutte is fab. Great take on the Sugar bowl challenge, thanks for taking part and good luck.
    Happy crafting, Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien