My dear friend Susan saw this stamp and thought of me because she knows my love of Sarah Kay stamps and that we raise poultry. So last week I received it as a RAK in the mail from her and I just had to ink it up and try it out. I also finally got my hands on some Neenah card stock and just had to try that out as well! (I don't live close to any scrapbook stores so I don't get out that often.)
I stamped the Sarah Kay Country Girl image onto the Neenah card stock using StazOn. (That is another thing I really want to experiment with, as some may notice I am still pulling a little bit of the black ink into the image as I am colouring.) I coloured the image using Lyra artist pencils and Gamsol. I created a square card base. I then used patterned paper from the Pink Paisley Sweetness collection. I matted the long strip with card stock that I edged with the Martha Stewart doily border punch. I stitched around each of the layers. Next I wrapped the card front with yellow ribbon and added a bow I tied using the bow easy. I mounted the matted image on the card using foam adhesive. I added a butterfly with some jewels for it's body to the top left hand corner of the image. On the other side of the card I added three flowers, a rose and two die cut flowers I shaped and added the large pearly stamens to. I tucked some branches cut with the Martha Stewart twig punch under the flowers. Lastly I added some jewels to the corners of the blue/brown mat.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.
Willemien