Monday, April 11, 2011

Country Girl

My dear friend Susan saw this stamp and thought of me because she knows my love of Sarah Kay stamps and that we raise poultry. So last week I received it as a RAK in the mail from her and I just had to ink it up and try it out. I also finally got my hands on some Neenah card stock and just had to try that out as well! (I don't live close to any scrapbook stores so I don't get out that often.)

I stamped the Sarah Kay Country Girl image onto the Neenah card stock using StazOn. (That is another thing I really want to experiment with, as some may notice I am still pulling a little bit of the black ink into the image as I am colouring.)  I coloured the image using Lyra artist pencils and Gamsol.  I created a square card base.   I then used patterned paper from the Pink Paisley Sweetness collection.  I matted the long strip with card stock that I edged with the Martha Stewart doily border punch.  I stitched around each of the layers.   Next I wrapped the card front with yellow ribbon and added a bow I tied using the bow easy.  I mounted the matted image on the card using foam adhesive.  I added a butterfly with some jewels for it's body to the top left hand corner of the image.  On the other side of the card I added three flowers, a rose and two die cut flowers I shaped and added the large pearly stamens to.  I tucked some branches cut with the Martha Stewart twig punch under the flowers.  Lastly I added some jewels to the corners of the blue/brown mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien