Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crocus

I tried something new for me when colouring this digital image.  I first coloured the flower petals using a pale purple Twinkling H2O's then I went back and highlighted the edges using Adirondack dye ink.  I had some issues when I was doing this because it takes a lot of ink to go over the Twinkling H2O's and it takes a bit to soak into the paper.  However as soon as I hit the edge the paper soaks up the ink like a sponge, and in a few places you can tell I got just a little too close to the edge.  I then finished the rest of the image using Lyra artist pencils.  I like giving just that bit of sparkle to the flower petals, it really sets them off beautifully without making the entire image overly shimmery.

I then cut it out using the Spellbinders Nesties 4.  I lightly inked the edges while still in the die.  I ran a piece of green card stock through the Cutlebug with the Kassie's Brocade folder.  I wrapped it with a sheer purple Offray ribbon.  I mounted the image using foam adhesive, then added a bow tied with the bow easy on top of the ribbon beside the image.  I painted the photo corners with pearl paint, added them to the corners of the mat and mounted the whole thing on a white card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien