Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shine!

I've decided to do another clear card.   I cut out the word Shine with two mats from two of colours of card stock and layered them back together.  I then mounted the word onto a label using foam adhesive.


I also coloured some plumeria flowers, printed them out and cut them out.  I took the Spellbinders In Spades border die and cut two out from two of the colours of cardstock, as well as leaves from the greenest shade using the Martha Stewart twig punch.  I started assembling the whole thing by edging a clear card base using mint Liquid Pearls (paint is easier to control and get on cleanly but I didn't have any in a coordinating colour).  I then layered the ribbon around the card part way from the bottom, I only adhered until the front centre, but left it long enough so I could cut to length later.
I started by assembling the inside of the card, so that I knew what I would be able to see through the card when working on the front. I added an arrangement of plumeria to the inside of the card, tucked some leaves all around and layered the two In Spades borders over the ribbon that is on the outside of the card.  I added some drops of Stickles into the holes on the border die cut, completing the inside.
I then moved to the front of the card and adhered the label with the word shine over the ribbon and in such a way that the plumeria from the inside frame the label.  I took three more plumeria and added them to the front for more depth to the arrangement and tucked in more leaves.  Lastly I tied a bow from the ribbon using the bow easy and adhered it onto the ribbon on the lower left hand side of the label, and in the middle of the plumeria.  I then cut the ribbon to length.  Lastly I took mirror images of the plumeria on the front, and another label and adhered them to the front inside directly over their counterpart on the front to hide the glue and add colour.  The label on the inside also provides a place to write something on the card.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of amazing details on this card and love that you used a clear card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien