Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Altered Milk Bottle

We are in the process of renovating an old Victorian house, and added a large luxurious bathroom. Above my soaker tub is an old window turned bookshelf that still has the beautifully massive wood trim around it and is the focal point of the room. I need to fill this bookshelf with various nick nacks to show off. I found this old milk bottle that I thought would be a perfect antique to alter for this space. I have chosen to fill it with bath salts. I found a number of files on the Silhouette website that were perfect for this Victorian project! I cut out the lace in a deep red and sprayed it with cranberry Shimmer Mist to distress it and add some sparkle. I added some pearls to the lace and threaded a piece of pale green ribbon. I wrapped this around the bottle. I then cut an ornate frame, and a second layer for the inside. I inked the frame with Willow Adirondack ink. I edged the inner layer with rhinestones. I then tied a large sheer bow with my Bow Easy. I placed a large red paper rose that I spritzed with Cranberry Shimmer Mist above the bow facing upward slightly. I wrapped the same pale green around the neck of the bottle and added three rhinestones to the ribbon at the front of the bottle. Lastly I created the bottle top out of a piece of chipboard. I layered the top with the same red cardstock spritzed with Glimmer Mist.
I then took a rhinestone flower that was the same size as the bottle top and removed the large rhinestone from the middle and adhered it in the bottle top. I took a piece of silver chain and looped the ends through the prongs of a crystal brad. I placed the brad through the middle of the bottle top creating a pull to remove the bottle top. I covered the bottom of the bottle top with a piece of white cardstock to hide the brad prongs. I still should add the words 'Bath Salts' to the ornate label.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien