Saturday, April 3, 2010

Prize winning cards

I was so shocked the other day when I received my cards back from the Fall Fair president. Last fall I had entered the fair with a collection of cards where I earned first place. They asked me when I came to pick up my exhibits if they could retain them to display at the Ontario Association of Agricultural Fairs. Wow, I was honoured to be asked. I was not aware that they would be judged at the provincial level! When I received them back he mentioned that I did really well at the Provincial meet. I opened it up and I had received first prize! I was so shocked and honoured. So now I have the privilege of sharing them with you. I tried to include a variety of cards, although they all are stamped with various media, and I love to include dimension in my cards.


This first card was created using Bazzill cardstock and Basic Grey Urban Couture paper. I distressed the base with Versamark and Perfect Pearls. The lace edge and butterflies were also stamped with Versamark on brown cardstock and covered in Perfect Pearls using Inque Boutique stamps. I edged the patterned paper with a blanket stitch. I embossed the sentiment from Technique Tuesday onto a transparency and mounted it onto paper covered Basic Grey chipboard and attached it using some small brads. I used Basic Grey fibers along the stamped lace, cascading some and dangling small beads on another between the scallops. I also used some fibers for the the antennae. Lastly I finished it off by adding a Crystal brad to the center of the flower on the patterned paper.

This second card I created for a Basic Grey Valentines card contest, which I was thrilled to win! It is made using the Bittersweet collection. I stamped the front of the card using a basic grey stamp set with a glue ink pad and covered it with Stix2 Transfer Foil. I stamped a couple of flourishes from the same set under the sentiment using Versamark and Perfect Pearls. I hand cut the sentiment except for the word love, which is Kindred Creations chipboard that I covered in patterned paper. I also stitched around the 1 with white thread. The edges of the paper were inked with white ink and Distress ink.Between the front and the inside I placed a Doodlebug paper frill which I rubbed with metallic chalk rub on both sides. I again stamped the inside with Basic Grey stamps, Versamark and Perfect Pearls, and added some hearts cut from patterned paper. I took the coordinating monogram stickers and mounted them so they would pop up at 2 different depths. I also added some pearls to each of the letters. Along the bottom I added a different piece of patterned paper. I added a bookplate and stamped the sentiment 'with love' by CTMH. I 'fastened' the bookplate using two pieces of heart shaped rhinestone.Lastly I created a tag to tuck between the two layers of paper on the lower half of the card to create room for a message to the recipient. I inked the edges of the patterned paper and added plain white cardstock to the middle and stamped another Basic Grey flourish. I added some leftover paper frill along the bottom, and a covered Basic Grey chipboard heart as a pull tab.



I cut the base for my last card using my Silhouette. I then used Inque Boutique Morsels stamps and green StazOn to stamp the edge of the card and coloured it in with Twinkling H2Os and a Gelly Roll stardust pen. I stamped the main image numerous times onto white cardstock with black and green StazOn. I cut the background image in a circle to fit nicely inside the base. The remainder I hand cut sections out of to give dimension to various aspects of the design. I glued the various pieces back onto the background image with dimensional adhesive. I then coloured this image with Twinkling H2Os, a Stardust pen and a gold gel pen for the lines on the bow. I added some drops of Rangers Glossy Accents to the berries to give them some dimension and shine. I then sewed around the circle, and Versamarked the edge and embossed with gold embossing powder. Before adhering it to the base I stamped the sentiment from Technique Tuesday and embossed it with the same gold embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien