Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flower Girl


I have another layout to share with you finally. It is another round of layout tag; it is always fun to try and create a truly unique layout while drawing on the inspiration of another. This time I had the privilege to lift this layout by Susan. I really drew my inspiration from the patterned paper Susan used. I started by matting the photos of my dear niece taken at my dear brother and sister in law's wedding. I took the colours for the layout from the wedding colours (and red is a wedding must have for the Chinese). It is a more unusual colour combination but I think it does look lovely! I then edged the photo mats with some lace I had found at my local thrift shop. I found the perfect colour to distress the edge of the card stock in my Twinkling H2O's which I brushed on the edges with a water brush. I then cut out a number of leaf sprays with my Silhouette. I strategically placed these under some Forever in Time Gem Art. Every Flower Girl needs some flowers; the large flower in the center is by Prima. The smaller ones are by Scrapbook Sally which I painted a coordinating colour with Twinkling H2Os. I then edged two of the petals with a little bit of darker ink using a water brush to match the Prima flower. I centered the flowers with Kaiser Craft Pearls. I also used some foam adhesive to add a little dimension under some of the flower petals (although some get their lift from the jewels). Lastly I added a double bow with large swooping tails to the embellishment cluster which I created using the bow easy. I used some American craft glitter chipboard for the title, adding 3 little flower shaped jewels to the O, and a gel pen for the second half of the title. Lastly I used a date stamp and Adirondack ink to subtly add the date to the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien