Saturday, April 3, 2010

A quick birthday card

Here is another card I quickly whipped up in a couple of minutes before heading over to niece's 16th birthday party. This is a technique I do love in a pinch; I layer two words over top of each other making the word in the back big and bold with a thin dainty font in the front. The only thing that dictates which words goes behind and which goes in front is the size of the card and the length of the word. If I had placed 'sixteen' in the back the letters would have been extremely tall and skinny, although on a wide card to fit a business envelope the word 'sixteen' probably would have been perfect. The card uses a Kaiser Craft card base and pearl, Basic Grey Bittersweet paper, cardstock, and a Prima flower. I also outlined '16' with a white souffle pen. Excuse the blurry picture, in my haste to get going I didn't check the quality of the picture (I did manage to remember to take the picture though lol )

And if you own a Silhouette for your ease in reproducing this card you can download the GSD file here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien