Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy 35th anniversary

Some dear friends of ours celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary and I felt the need to create a beautiful card for them to share in their occasion. I know she really enjoys a baby blue colour, so I used a piece of baby blue card stock as my base. I chose to create this card in a 4"x9" size for something different. I then took a piece of white card stock for the front of the card, which I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Tim Holtz Damask embossing folder. I then ran the top third of the card through the Cuttlebug again. I used my Versamark pen and Pearl Perfect Pearls to highlight the raised part of the embossing. Using my Silhouette I cut one of the 3 way ornate frames from the Silhouette store. I inked the edges of it with Adirondack Latte ink. I placed the top of this frame just above where the embossing folders connected. I then wrapped the same seam in the embossing with a piece of baby blue ribbon, which I topped with a bow tied with my bow easy. I tucked three ribbon flowers from the wedding section of the craft store around the bow. I punched some leaves out of the blue card stock with my Martha Stewart branch punch and placed them under the flowers. I then also tucked in three sprigs of pearls that I had also found in the wedding section of the craft store. Lastly I used American Craft Hat Box Thickers for the '35' on the front of the frame. I edged them with the same Adirondack Latte ink and covered them with the blue card stock. Lastly, but not visible in these images, I lined the inside with white card stock on which I printed a beautiful sentiment in brown. With this I hope to have captured an essence of their friendship in our lives, and our sincerest wishes for their marriage.

1 comment:

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien