Monday, May 2, 2011

Sugar Nellie Girl

I used another Sugar Nellie image for this card, Girl 3 and the sketch from the Sugar Nellie blog.  I coloured the image using Lyra artist pencils and a gel pen. I matted it with the Spellbinders lacey ovals. I used an 5 1/2" square card base and layered it with card stock and patterned paper from the Pink Paisley Sweetness collection.  I stitched the various layers together and mounted the matted image using foam adhesive.  I took three white paper blossoms, painted them to match the pink dress, added these interesting white buttons that make the perfect center for the daisy shaped blossoms.  I tied a bow onto the buttons using painted crochet cotton. (I have a quirky pet peeve about unthreaded buttons :P )  I added them to the card as indicated on the sketch and tucked some white leaves punched with the Martha Stewart twig punch behind them.  I added three white KaiserCraft pearls along the bottom of the vertical strip, and a white satin bow tied with the bow easy to the top right hand corner to finish off the card..

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is fantastic! Love the image and the colours you've used. Great take on the sketch, too!

    Thanks so much for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien