Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cherry Blossoms




I created a card using a cherry blossom image.  I started by opening up my editing software and lengthening the image by duplicating parts of the image and then splicing it back together, which made it perfect for the business envelope size card (8.5x3.75").  I started by creating the base and used twinkling H20s to colour the edges that would be visible.  I then cut another layer of white card stock slightly smaller than the front of the card and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss dots embossing folder.  I then rotated the card stock and placed it back in the folder fitting the dots into the dots on the folder and ran it close to the edge of the folder so you can't see any marks from the edge of the embossing folder.  I cut one Spellbinders In Spades Pendant die from gold card stock, cut it in half and used it as a photo corner on the white card stock.  I then printed out the cherry blossom image.  I coloured it using 2 shades of pink Twinkling H20s and water pens.  I used Lyra artist pencils to colour the stems to keep more of the focus on the blossoms.  I then used a burgundy gel pen to colour the stamens and gold Liquid Pearls to give colour and dimension to the tips of the stamens.  When it was all coloured I cut the image out.  I then tied a gold edged sheer white ribbon around the embossed mat and tied a bow using the bow easy.  I adhered the cherry blossom image just over the ribbon using foam adhesive for added dimension.

The great thing is that you can print the image out quite large and use it as the main focal point leaving the rest of card relatively simple, or you can print it smaller  and leave room for lots of detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien