Friday, January 13, 2012

Birthday Hockey Card

I created this card for a boy who just loves to play hockey. In the fall I had the opportunity to watch him play and taken some pictures, so I was able to go back and find out his team colours. So I used his team colours for this card.
I started by printing out the Mo Manning Hockey Boy image.  I coloured it with Lyra artist pencils and Sansodor, and matted it with an amber card stock.  I then printed some patterned paper from the Kindred Creations Black and White digital paper kit available in the store now.  I started with a square base and layered it with a slightly smaller layer of the stripes 2 paper.  I then took a piece of the herringbone paper and matted it in the amber card stock and stitched them together.  I then took a piece of the spots 2 paper the width of the card and matted it with the amber card stock and used a zig zag stitch along the top and the bottom.  I took a piece of yellow mesh and wrapped it around the card a third of the way up the layer, along with a piece of twine which was threaded through a black button and tied in a bow.  I then adhered the image over that with foam adhesive.  Lastly I embossed a Whimsy Stamps Party Mini Letter Seals stamp along with a Just Rite border stamp onto the Herringbone patterned paper and adhered it with some more foam adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien