Friday, January 27, 2012

God won't give me anything I can't handle

Kindred Creations has yet another great new digital kit coming out today, the Chocolate Sky paper pack.
Some friends have been going through a rough patch lately so I decided to make a card for them.  I love this quote by Mother Teresa and printed it out using the font Kaufmann BT along with the digital papers.  I rotated the striped paper 45 degrees before cropping it to size.  I cut out the quote along with the two patterned papers.  I matted the larger paper with dark brown card stock just smaller than my card base. I then cut a piece of white card stock and edged it with the Martha Stewart Deco Flowers PATP punch, then cut the second patterned paper to fit just inside the edge of the flowers to create a thin border and edged the patterned paper with a Prismacolor marker.  I matted the quote with some coordinating DCWV card stock and adhered all the layers together, adding a layer of foam adhesive under the white decorative border.  I then used the Martha Stewart twig punch as well as the Nellie Snellen Leafy Branch punch to create foliage from the white and DCWV card stock.  I coloured the white twig punchies with the Prismacolor marker and layered them onto the two corners of the striped paper and added a number of Prima flowers which I centered with pearls.

2 comments:

  1. Willemien!!
    Your projects are anointed!! You do such an uber awesome job!!! Very clean, creative, professional and lovely!! thank you for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog ! Thank you for your very nice articles. I look forward to visiting your site in the future!
    Methods of Modern Farming

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien