Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Boy

I created a birthday card for a little boy using a Dustin Pike digital image.
I printed the image and coloured it using Lyra artist pencils and Gamsol.  I used a white card base and layered it with dark blue card stock and patterned paper from the K&Co Hopscotch Designer Mat Pad, stitching some of the layers together.  I then used Staz On ink to colour a piece of drywall mesh and adhered it to the card.  I matted the image with the blue card stock and stitched around it as well and adhered it to the card with foam adhesive.  I printed the birthday boy sentiment and the ticket onto paper from the Hopscotch pad.  I adhered the sentiment  under the image on the right hand side.  The ticket I placed under a Kindred Creations chipboard star that I painted orange, and a button I threaded with orange embroidery thread.

3 comments:

  1. Love your idea of the dry wall mesh. Who would have thought? Glad you did ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is so fantastic!! I love your coloring. Your stitching, layers and embellies are all perfect! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this month at One Crazy Stamper.
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Great guy cards.I really love the colors!
    Thanks for joining our Manly challenge at One Crazy Stamper!
    cheers,
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien