Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blue bonnets


 I used the blue bonnets digital image for this card .  I've been on a purple kick lately, so I used my Twinkling H20's to colour the blossoms and my Lyra watercolour pencils. I then took the Wisteria Moments Apple Blossom Time digi kit and printed out some of the papers.  I then started with a 5 1/2" square base and layered the papers on the base.  All the layers were stitched and some were matted with card stock. The plaid paper was matted using a piece of card stock cut with the  Spellbinders Fleur de Lis border dies.  I then cut the image out using Spellbinders Labels 4 and adhered it using foam adhesive.  I then stamped the Just Rite sentiment onto purple card stock with purple Adirondack ink, and the border on white card stock. I layered them and then matted in green scalloped card stock and attached it to the card using foam adhesive.   I added a green ribbon bow gathered and attached with a purple brad.  I also added a butterfly to the right of the image and added a few jewels for his body.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien