Friday, May 6, 2011

Forsythia and Flowering Almond


I created some hybrid cards using some precoloured images.
For this first card I used the Memory Makers Bohemian Summer digital kit with the forsythia precoloured image.  I created the whole card front in GIMP and printed it out.  I added drop shadows to each of the layers.  The torn paper was created by me using one of the papers in the kit.  After cutting and folding the card I added 5 KaiserCraft green jewels to the left of the image.
For this card I took the flowering almond frame image and the Kindred Creations Butterfly Garden digital kit.  I created a file for the card in Gimp and created the card base with the two patterns, then a matted piece of patterned paper, the green piece of card stock and the digital image to which I added the verse.  I printed out the file, cut the base and folded it.  Then I cut out the other pieces I printed, and layered them all onto the card.  I added the flowering almond frame using foam adhesive. Lastly I added some jewels  where the two patterned papers meet on the base of the card as well as 3 pearls above the digital image.  Lastly I added a white butterfly between the blossoms of the digital image.

These precoloured images are a great easy way to create a quick card, and the great thing about an almost all digital card is that if I ever want to create a second or third card, the file is sitting on my computer and all I have to do is print, cut, fold and add a little bit of bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien