Friday, May 13, 2011

Daffodil

I started by printing out the digital image on Xpress It card stock, which I then cut out, I coloured the white petals using pearl paint, and added a few highlights using Lyra artist pencils.The rest of the card is coloured with Lyra artist pencils and Gamsol.  I also coloured a second copy of the cup and coloured it and popped it up on foam adhesive.  I took a card base and cut the patterned paper from the K&Co Hopscotch Designer Mat Pad slightly smaller than the base.  I then took another of the papers from the pad and used 2 Spellbinders Labels 17 to cut a frame and embossed it.  I also placed the dies on my background patterned paper and traced between the two, cut it out and flipped the center over to show the opposite side of the paper.  I stitched around the outside of the green paper and adhered the three pieces to the white card base.  Then I popped my image into the frame using foam adhesive.  I then cut out two corner flourishes from the Spellbinders Fluer de Lis accents and embossed them and mounted them on the corners of the frame with foam adhesive.  Lastly I added some clear KaiserCraft jewels to the flourishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien