Monday, December 13, 2010

Altered Christmas Candle

I'm so thrilled to have been chosen by Cora from Digital Two for Tuesday to be a Guest Designer for her Christmas images.  This is the last of three projects I designed for her.  I posted the first project here and the second project is posted here.  You can also check out all the projects as they were all posted on the Digital Two for Tuesday site Saturday.  Please go and check out her blog for some really great digital images, there were many more great images I could have used. Cora asked us to create some non card projects, like gifts, decor or other 3D projects.

For this project I decorated a pillar candle.  I printed out the Christmas Day image from Digital Two for Tuesday with the lmap duplicated to a corner of the image.   I coloured it with Lyra artist pencils and a gold gel pen.  I cut it out and double matted it with white card stock using the
Magic Matter and inked the outer mat green. I also cut out the second copy of the lamp and added it to the scene using foam adhesive. I added some clear Kaisercraft jewels to the corners of the scene.  I then took the Bookend 2 image from Digital Two for Tuesday. and used it as an overlay over a dark red colour to achieve the same red colour I added to the chairs in the scene. and printed it out in 5x7". I took a strip of this and matted it the same way I matted the scene.  I used the two sections to wrap around the candle.  I then punched numerous branches with the Martha Stewart twig punch from dark green card stock.  I placed the candle on a CD I no longer required and carefully placed the branches all around under the candle and sprinkled red seed beads around for the berries.

You can push the wrap down as the candle burns, but it should be removed once it gets close enough to chance any contact with the flame.  Again this would be a great gift for someone but you might want to keep one for yourself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien