Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gift Box: Girl with Cat

I'm so thrilled to have been chosen by Cora from Digital Two for Tuesday to be a Guest Designer for her Christmas images.  This is the second of three projects I designed for her.  I posted the first project here and the last project will be posted here tomorrow.  You can also check out all the projects as they were all posted on the Digital Two for Tuesday site yesterday.  Please go and check out her blog for some really great digital images, there were many more great images I could have used. Cora asked us to create some non card projects, like gifts, decor or other 3D projects.
I created a simple 5½" square box by scoring each of the sides of an 8 3/8" square piece of card stock at 1½". I cut along the score line up to the next score along two of the sides and glued the tabs to the inside of the box. I repeated the same procedure with an 8 ½" square piece of card stock for the lid. I then cut two 6" scalloped dark green mats and adhered it to the bottom of the box and the top of the lid. Then I layered a 5½" piece of red card stock on to the lid.  From white card stock I cut the snowflake border by Monica Bjork and layered it over the red.  I sized the Christmas Cat image from Digital Two for Tuesday to fit inside the space of the frame.  I then changed the colour of the image to the same dark green colour of the card stock and printed it out.  I then used Lyra artist pencils, a gold gel pen and glitter to colour the image and adhered it to the top of the box.  I wrapped the circumference of the box with lace, then red ribbon which I also tied into a bow with the bow easy.  I added some clear KaiserCraft jewels to the center of the larger snowflakes in the frame.  This is an easy little box to create that can be filled with a multitude of things to create a beautiful thoughtful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien