Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pillow Box

I always figure that for my 16 yr old niece, shopping is fun, and for me it is a stressful thing. (Don't get me wrong I enjoy shopping for myself too, but since I have no idea what she likes it's stressful.)  I figure half the fun of her present will be to go out and do the shopping and then actually have something you like.  So the last few years I've given her money and find a special way to give it to her that still shows my appreciation for her.
I started by cutting a pillow box from white card stock which I then ran through the Cuttlebug with the Holly Ribbons folder.  I then stitched a piece of red card stock that I edged with the Martha Stewart Doily edge punch to the front of the box and trimmed the edges to the shape of the box.  I then glued the box together.  Using foam adhesive I then layered on three pieces of Holly from the Christmas holly, a die cut label, and digital bird image, together with triple looped kitchen string.  The digital stamps were coloured with Lyra pencils and the label was run through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien