Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Singing Birds

 I saw singing birds and I just knew I had to use it.  I also really wanted to do a purple and blue card,the liturgical colours of advent, and this was the perfect opportunity.  I added the words Silent Night, Holy Night to the book cover.   I then coloured the book purple and the birds blue using Lyra pencils and Sansodor.  I edged the pages of the book with gold gel pen.  I took blue card stock for the base, then recoloured a digital paper by PurePixel Designs purple.  I also cut a Silhouette border from the same blue card stock.  I layered the purple paper over the blue base, then the border and another piece of purple paper.  I stitched them all together just beside the border strips.  Next I printed the song Silent Night, Holy Night onto a piece of packing paper... this stuff has great great texture and vintage feel.  I rolled up the ends and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink and placed it on the base at a slight angle.  I added branches punched with the Martha Stewart twig punch.  I punched them form the blue card stock, packing paper, and the gold from a large chocolate bar wrapper.  I placed them above and below the sheet music.  Then I placed three purple ribbon roses above and a large cream satin ribbon tied with the bow easy under the sheet music.  I added foam adhesive to the back of the image and mounted it on top of the sheet music.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! Love your colors and the sheet music behind the birds. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien