Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sledding Mouse


I created a background using  a Christmas tree digi.  I positioned sled mouse digi to the bottom left hand corner running slightly off the background.  I also copied sled mouse twice beside the main image I set up so I could layer him.  I printed the images out, then printed sled mouse out again on My Mind's Eye Dear Santa patterned paper.  I cut the main image out so the front of the sled and his tail protrude off the background.  I then coloured the images in using Lyra pencils, white paint and glitter. I layered the body of sled mouse as well as the front of the sled, and cut his sweater from pattered paper.  I cut his head and the front of his sled a second time and layered them again.  I glittered the edges of the image as well as the front of the sled.  I also added a red bow to the tail of the mouse.  I took a red piece of card stock which I stitched around twice with white thread.  I added two strips of My Mind's Eye Dear Santa paper which I stitched to the red base. I then adhered the image to the card base. Lastly I created a snowflake frame from a border out of Monica Bjork's Christmas baubles file.  I also cut extra snowflakes.  I adhere the frame around the image, then layered an extra snowflake over some of the snowflakes in the frame, and added a KaiserCraft jewel to the centre.



    19 comments:

    1. Oh my, this is so cute! I love how you worked the images together...fabulous!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Such an adorable card.....So fun!! Love this....Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love this mouse sledding through the trees - super cute scene.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I really like the images you combined on this fun card!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Such a fun card! Love the grove of trees--looks so awesome! And the little mouse looks so happy! So glad to have you on board at Tiffany Doodles!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh he is adorable. Love his patterned sweater. Thanks for sharing. Been fun hopping along. New follower here. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love your mouse card! Great paper piecing! He is too cute! I'm so glad you're on my team!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Such a cute sledding mouse card. The use of Tiffany's trees in the background were done just perfectly. Thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Everything about this card is wonderful! You did such an awesome job!!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Aww, this is just too cute!! What a great holiday scene you have made with this mouse!!
      Hugs
      Jodi =)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Love all the paper piecing. Adorable card.

      ReplyDelete
    12. That little guy is way too cute, and such a touch of class with the trees in the background...nice card!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Willemine, I love your card and how you used the mouse.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Oh, this is so cute! He looks like he is having a fabulous time!

      ReplyDelete
    15. This brings a smile to my face!!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Wow you did such a great job on your card.

      ReplyDelete
    17. I adore that mousie stamp. I do rodent rescue, so I can never get enough cute animal stamps. Your card is fabulously festive, too! Love what you did with all the trees. So much motion!

      I just signed up to follow your blog. Come say hello on mine sometime. :)

      ReplyDelete
    18. Great idea using the tree stamp as a background for that adorable little mouse!

      ReplyDelete

    I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
    Thanks so much, and please come back again.

    Willemien