Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday!

We had the opportunity to celebrate the birthday, of a big horse lover, and all round great person.  In honour of her birthday I created this card for her.
I created a square card base from white card stock and inked it using pink sherbet Adirondack ink.  I then ran brown card stock through the Cuttlebug using the mesh embossing folder.  I then embossed it with UTEE, and stitched around the edges and added it to the base.  I cut three layers of a shaped mat and adhered them together over the centre of the card base.  I then cut a horseshoe shape and added some metallic chalk and then embossed with UTEE.  I adhered it to the card using foam adhesive.  I punched some leaves from green card stock using the Martha Stewart branch punch, and used them with ribbon roses and pearl stamens created a floral arrangement on the horseshoe.  I tied a bow using the bow easy from some pink suede cord and added it under the floral arrangement.  I stamped a sentiment in brown ink on a strip of green card strips and tucked it between the horseshoe.  Lastly I added Kaiser Craft white pearls to the horseshoe and clear Kaiser Craft clear jewels to the ends of the sentiment strip.
I was really glad to hear she liked the card and it was a perfect companion to the horseshoe picture frame we gave her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien