Friday, March 4, 2011

Lenten Rose

I opened a document and inserted the Lenten rose digital file, rotated and placed it in the top right hand corner.  I duplicated the layer and placed it in the bottom left hand corner, and then scaled it to 80%.  I printed it out on white card stock and coloured the stamps in with my Lyra artist pencils.  I then masked around the flower petals and used Adirondack ink and a paint brush to dab colour onto the petals, as well as along the seed pods.  I cut an oval from the center using a Coluzzle template.  I also printed the Martin Luther quote onto white card stock and cut it out two sizes smaller.  Using the Martha Stewart eyelet lace punches I cut a mat for the image, which I then matted on white before adhering to a card base I inked with green Adirondack ink .  I also cut another mat for the quote and inked it green as well.  I mounted the image on the card using foam adhesive and adhered the matted quote inside the cut out oval without foam tape.


18 comments:

  1. Fabulous Willemien! Love what you did with this image and the way you used it to frame the sentiment. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love how you did this card! The flowers are so realistic looking! I'm amazed!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, Willemien - love your center placed verse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card - so beautiful and I love the colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a nice job on this card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I like the colors and several layers you used. This image is so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card!! I love the deep colors you used on your flowers!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very lovely.

    I just found your blog on this hop and am now a follower - so very nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layers and colors. Thanks for your in-SPRING-ration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your beautiful card! The flowers are just gorgeous.

    Keelyyowler@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful card Willemien!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so very beautiful. Love the symmetry you've created by rotating the image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an elegant card--perfect with the quotation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, love how you coloured in these flowers, gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This hop has been inspirational,thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love the flowers very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Willemien, don't tell the others but in my opinion they saved the best till last. You card is beyond beautiful. It is a work of art. Thanks for sharing your expertize.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful! I love how you coloured those flowers :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien