Friday, March 4, 2011
Lenten Rose
I opened a document and inserted the Lenten rose digital file, rotated and placed it in the top right hand corner. I duplicated the layer and placed it in the bottom left hand corner, and then scaled it to 80%. I printed it out on white card stock and coloured the stamps in with my Lyra artist pencils. I then masked around the flower petals and used Adirondack ink and a paint brush to dab colour onto the petals, as well as along the seed pods. I cut an oval from the center using a Coluzzle template. I also printed the Martin Luther quote onto white card stock and cut it out two sizes smaller. Using the Martha Stewart eyelet lace punches I cut a mat for the image, which I then matted on white before adhering to a card base I inked with green Adirondack ink . I also cut another mat for the quote and inked it green as well. I mounted the image on the card using foam adhesive and adhered the matted quote inside the cut out oval without foam tape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fabulous Willemien! Love what you did with this image and the way you used it to frame the sentiment. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! I love how you did this card! The flowers are so realistic looking! I'm amazed!! Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteNicely done, Willemien - love your center placed verse.
ReplyDeleteStunning card - so beautiful and I love the colours.xx
ReplyDeleteYou did a nice job on this card. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! I like the colors and several layers you used. This image is so pretty. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card!! I love the deep colors you used on your flowers!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Jodi =)
So very lovely.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog on this hop and am now a follower - so very nice to meet you!
http://lillianchild.blogspot.com
Love the layers and colors. Thanks for your in-SPRING-ration! =)
ReplyDeleteI love your beautiful card! The flowers are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteKeelyyowler@aol.com
This is such a beautiful card Willemien!
ReplyDeleteThis is so very beautiful. Love the symmetry you've created by rotating the image.
ReplyDeleteSuch an elegant card--perfect with the quotation!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, love how you coloured in these flowers, gorgeous! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThis hop has been inspirational,thanks so much :)
ReplyDeleteI do love the flowers very pretty :)
ReplyDeleteWillemien, don't tell the others but in my opinion they saved the best till last. You card is beyond beautiful. It is a work of art. Thanks for sharing your expertize.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! I love how you coloured those flowers :)
ReplyDelete