Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Card Maps

I always really enjoy the Page Maps and Card Maps by Becky Fleck.
The best part was that this month Becky gave me the opportunity to create a card for one of the card sketches that were released today.
Becky sent me a wonderful sketch.. go check out this months card maps and this card sketch in particular.  This is the card I created using that sketch.
I started with a white card base which I inked with pink Adirondack ink.  I layered white card stock inked with lettuce Adirondack ink on top of that, then another layer of white card stock I embossed with the Textile Texture Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then stitched the layers together using pink thread.  I inked the white lace with green ink and ruffled it and ran it the width if the card down the centre.  I layered a piece pink inked card stock over it and a layer of white ribbon.  I cut 3 layers of shaped mats, inked in pink and lettuce ink, layered them and adhered it to the centre of the card.  I cut numerous leaves using the Martha Stewart branch and rose leaf punches.  Inked the branch punches using the lettuce ink and the rose leaves using willow ink.  I also took pink ribbon roses in two sizes and spiraled the wire stems and pearl stamen stems, and used them with the leaves to create a floral arrangement.  I stamped the Inque Boutique sentiment on a strip of white card stock using the lettuce ink.  I notched the ends and inked the edges using pink ink.  Then I folded the ends and adhered it using foam adhesive in the centre between the flower arrangement.  I added large pink Kaiser Craft pearls to the corners and smaller ones to the ends of the sentiment strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien