Thursday, September 9, 2010

2 wedding cards

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here, and in reality I have so much to share!  Hopefully I will get all my projects posted here to share with you.  First off I want to share 2 wedding cards with you that I created for a swap.

I started this card with a white 4 1/4x5 1/2 inch base, I covered that with a piece of black card stock that I edged with LuminArte pewter Shimmering Mist slightly smaller than the base.  I then cut another piece of white card stock slightly smaller than the black and ran it through the Cuttlebug with Tim Holtz Damask embossing Folder.  Then I cut the bride and groom out of shimmery black paper using my Silhouette and mounted it on the lower right hand corner of the card.  Next I took a piece of 1" wide black satin ribbon and tied a bow using the bow easy, and notched the tails with a pair of scissors.  I placed that in the top left hand corner of the card and tucked three pieces of pearl spray and one ribbon flower  under the bow.  (Both the pearl spray and the ribbon flower can be found in the wedding section of most craft stores).  Once I had all three embellishments placed to my liking I adhered them with Tombo Mono Multi liquid glue.  The finished result is a classic black and white wedding card.



The second card I also started with a white quarter fold card stock base.  I then took a piece of 4 1/4 inch square white card stock and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Tim Holtz Regal embossing folder.  I then took some green card stock and cut two border strips using the Martha Stewart Doily Edger.  I adhered these to the back of the embossed card stock at the top and bottom.  I centered this on my base.  Next I cut out a scalloped oval from green card stock and two white card stock ovals using my Silhouette.  I first printed the sentiment in the same green colour as the card stock onto the larger oval. (A small tutorial on how I do this will follow.)  It then glued the smaller oval to back of the large oval and used my embossing stylus to emboss the edge of the large oval.  Unless you are doing multiple cards and want to reuse the small oval there is no need to remove it.  I then adhered the large oval to the scalloped oval.  I adhered the sentiment to the middle of the embossed card stock.  I then cut a series of flowers from white card stock using my Silhouette.  Each flower has two layers, the larger of each I coloured a light purple using Twinkling H20s.  I shaped them Glued them together and added a KaiserCraft Pearl to the center and added some glitter around each pearl.  I adhered one large and two smaller flowers on the top left hand side and a large and small flower to the bottom right hand corner of the sentiment.  I cut some leaves using the Martha Stewart twig punch out of the green card stock and tucked them under the flowers.  I tucked a piece of 1/8" white satin ribbon under the flowers in the top corner and glued down the tails towards the bottom and the right hand side of the card,  Lastly I took s small green satin butterfly and added rhinestones to it's body and adhered it just above the flowers in the bottom corner of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien