Monday, September 13, 2010

Thank You cards

I created two thank you cards that I want to share with you.
I created this first card using half a sheet of transparency for my base.  I then used the DCWV La Creme digital kit. I reduced the patterns to a 6x6 size before printing them on white card stock.   I used the black pattern paper for the insert on the inside of the card.  I cut a scalloped mat just larger than the insert from stitchflowers paper using the Silhouette.  On top of the insert I used the element that says Beauty which I altered in Gimp by removing the word Beauty and adding the sentiment Thank You.  I re-sized it to suit the front of the card and trimmed the image so there would be the same sized edge all around the black frame of the element.  I created a template for the tag so that I could use the print and cut feature of the Silhouette to print and cut around the tag.  I then used the blackwallpaper paper along the bottom of the front on both the sides of the transparency.  On the front side I added a piece of cream trim along the top side of the patterned paper.  I then took the flowerstem element and extracted a template from it that I could cut with my Silhouette from the tanburlap paper.  I then inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink before adhering it above the trim, to the left side of the tag. The result is a classic whimsical Thank You card.

For the second card I started with a red quarter fold card stock base.  I then cut a slightly smaller piece of white card stock which I ran through the Cuttlebug using the Tim Holtz Damask embossing folder using a shim to avoid embossing the area where the sentiment is placed. (Check the Cuttlebug blog for a tutorial on this technique.)  I then used the piece I cut out of the shim to emboss the edge around the blank area with an embossing stylus to make it pop and define the area more.  I adhered this to the front of the card.  I printed three damask shapes onto white card stock and cut it the same height as the embossed card stock.  I matted this with black card stock and added red KaiserCraft pearls to the corners.  I added this to the left side of the card leaving a strip of embossed card stock showing.  I then finished it off by stamping the Thank You sentiment form Inque Boutique using red Adirondack ink to the front of the card.




Using a very similar design I created a digital version that I would like to share with you.  The sheet has 2 cards that can be printed, cut and folded for a quick Thank You card.  You can download the card here.

3 comments:

  1. Love this Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Sep. 17, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Card post on Sep. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien